This is part two of the series I created called “Konstantin’s Ideas”. You can read the first part here. From the very first time I met him, I fell in love with his mind and the way he thinks. In the time we have spent together, I have been collecting his ideas and thoughts – some profound, some interesting, some funny, some creative. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
This is my Konstantin. And these are his ideas.
1. When you do something you need to do, you should do it to the point that you couldn’t have done more and you shouldn’t have done less.
2. I want to create a documentary about the clearance shelf in grocery stores, and call it “Shelf Life.” I would film footage of the people, the products and the prices. If this generates enough attention in the public, people will start waiting for the products to go on the clearance shelf, so that they can buy it at a reduced rate, and then the grocery stores will always be a few days behind.
3. There is a difference between being physically tired and mentally tired. It is rare that you are both types of tired at the same time. If you can distinguish the difference and understand which one you are, you can still do something productive and appropriate. Read: The secret of not being a lazy-ass.
4. It is important to have common interests in a relationship, or you will reach the day when the passion is gone and the friendship hasn’t started.
5. If you don’t choose a guru (by guru – a set of values you would like to hold yourself by) for yourself, then your guru becomes the devil (aka – bad influences).
6. To keep the passion alive in a relationship, you need to give each other just a little bit less than what you both want.
7. In Ireland it costs 8 Euros for a pack of cigarettes. Out of these 8 euros, 6 euros goes to the government as tax. Essentially, every time you buy a pack of cigarettes, you are paying the government 6 euros just to allow you to keep smoking.
8. Creative idea: What if the 4th dimension was not time, but instead, it was money. When money is the 4th dimension, it influences your 3rd dimension. Your 3rd dimension would be very different depending on the degree of the amount of money you have in the 4th dimension. Time affects people – and over time, people change and grow. And if you take two people living in the 3rd dimension – one with money and one without money, both of their resulting realities would be very different too. *I did a really bad job of explaining this one.*
9. I have no enemies because they are all dead.
10. If you want to be more creative – read more classics – because they will develop your imagination. They are not informational books. They are works of literature, and its your job to draw a good picture in your mind. If you draw a good picture – its an interesting book. And if you draw a bad picture, it’s a bad book. It’s about you.
11. Don’t hire an expert. Experts don’t have much room for growth.
12. If I asked you to draw God or a Rooster, which would be easier to draw? A rooster because you know how it is supposed to look, or God because you don’t?
13. Most people argue to the win the argument, not to find out the truth. The person with the biggest mouth wins.
14. The bigger the gap between how you see yourself and how other people see you – the more fu**** up you are.
15. Men should give women gifts, such as flowers, when he wants to. When she begins to ask for gifts, she begins to test for control.
16. The strangest things in the world happen when people are bored and because people are bored.
17. Only people who don’t do anything, don’t have haters, or they are haters themselves. They don’t have to do much but they can be against people who are actually doing something, and in that way, have some of that attention too.
18. If a man always wants to look younger than his age, then he is not ready for a serious relationship.
19. When you work for a company that is paying you commission for the products you sell, you might feel like they are lying to you. But they are not lying to you. You are lying to yourself.
20. Cheating on a test is when you prepare to cheat. Copying on a test is when you avoid the test.
21. There is the same amount of good and bad in the world – but the amount of people who possess shares of both the good and the bad stocks, changes. It’s like the stock market. It’s all about who owns the most stocks, and which is most valuable.
22. The teleportation theory is so simple, if only we could imagine the teleport machine.
23. About mob mentality: When there is panic, everyone loses their mind and gets the mind of the next person.
24. Living arrangements: 1 girl + 3 guys = clean house. but…. 3 girls + 1 guy = messy house.
25. If you are a confident walker, you can be a confident driver.
26. The most important thing in life is to be authentic and natural.
27. Creative product idea: a 4D TV. Since the fourth dimension is time, when you watch this TV (which would be in 3d), you don’t lose any time.
28. Why do they use little puppies for the toilet paper commercials? Because no models want to do it.
29. If the company doesn’t have customer care people, they probably have customer don’t care people instead.
30. To me: “I sleep faster than you work.” Haha!