This is Konstantin.
When he was 25, he made the decision to be wise (see # 14) . And now 4 years later, he has me – someone who keeps writing down some of these wise, wonderful and wow-things he says.
There is a whole variety of ideas here – some are humorous, some are “so true!!!”, some are observations and some are creative. One thing I really love about Konstantin is his mind and the way he thinks. He has challenged me to think a little differently, and not be afraid to be creative with my mind and the way I live my life. Since he has been in my life, my life has changed only for the better.
So without further ado, I’d like to present to you – Konstantin’s Ideas. My peach
1. How to flatter somebody: If they are beautiful, tell them that they are smart. If they are smart, tell them that they are beautiful. If you tell them they are both beautiful and smart, it means that they are neither.
2. Whenever you feel judged or inferior to another person, ignore the feeling but don’t ignore the person.
3. Perhaps the best kind of worker would be kind of person who did their job just for doing the job. They wouldn’t be overly ambitious – they would’t be trying too hard to get promoted etc, so their boss would not feel threatened or intimidated by them. Instead they would work just for the joy of doing work, to simply have a job and do it to the right standard. Maybe because of this, when the boss decides to retire, he would naturally want to give this type of worker his position.
4. Going to the gym and lifting weights every day can be boring because it is unnatural. Our bodies were made simply for movement, such as running or hunting.
5. There is a single point at the beginning of time that you simply have to take for granted in order to build all your stories around it.
6. When you know enough about something and the more you learn about something, you can only come to the conclusion that you cannot really have a strong opinion on anything.
Stuck in the children’s slide!
7. Creative: Imagine a circumstance where you could receive a salary just to keep busy and be creative – to simply create something of value.
8. About girls who are going out: If they have straight hair – they curl it. If they have curly hair – they straighten it. If they have dark hair – they dye it blonde. If they have blonde hair – they dye it brown. No body really wants to be themselves, and their idea of “fun” is to look like someone other than themselves.
9. In a relationship, what is more important? Fire and passion? Or just being there for someone, just being as helpful as you can, and making their life a little bit easier for them?
10. There is so much hype about drinking and the irish. But the Irish don’t really drink. They buy a lot of drinks, but they keep spilling their drinks. They are just kind of messy.
11. Creative: Imagine if you could order cubic meters of a certain weather.
*Note from Me: I really could elaborate on this but a few months ago a few of us had a conversation about cubic meters of weather – a conversation that lasted about 3 hours long. And I just can’t go there again.*
12. Everybody can live comfortably if they live within their means, if they live by what they can afford without trying to upgrade their possessions to a level that they are not yet at.
13. With time, you will get used to exams – because it is just something you have to get used to. Exams don’t really show your knowledge, they only show how well you are prepared for them. As you go through school in the next few years, things will get busier but you will start to know exactly what you need to know to pass the test. But the actual knowledge you retain – that is up to your conscience.
14. When I was 25, I made the decision to be wise and to only speak of wise things. I didn’t ask to be intelligent or smart, I just asked to be wise.
15. Why do women need men? Not to provide for them or to support them – they just need them for fun, to enjoy his company and to have fun with him. If this is why you “need” your man you will find that they will provide for you and support you as well.
Konstantin loves anything related to fire and wood – I say it’s his inner caveman. Rawr!
16. Blogging is like the courier. It spreads the news. These days, it is more valuable for a professional to have a blog rather than a website – because your clients and customers want to know more about who you are and what you think, rather than what you do.
17. Why should there be such a thing as “mine” and “yours”? Why can’t you take what you need when you need it, and return it when you are finished with it? Why can’t people create resources based on what they feel they need – for example, if a man needs a bike – he should make a bike. Not because his job is to make bikes, or because he has to make bikes – but simply because he needs a bike. And if somebody else needed a bike, they could either use his bike when he does not need it, or create some kind of trade with this man so that they can both satisfy some kind of need the other one has. Or maybe this man can simply make him a bike because the other man needs it. This would be a resource based economy.
18. If you keep practicing and working hard at something consistently, after a while something amazing is going to come of you. You can’t really avoid it.
19. No matter what kind of relationship you want, in the end, you will always get the kind of relationship you deserve.
20. As soon as someone puts a label on you, even if this label is one that you like for yourself, there will always be a moment of dissatisfaction because now, there are boundaries.
21. It isn’t that Hugh Hefner is surrounded by beautiful women. He is surrounded by “hot” women, but they are not necessarily beautiful. Even more so, he is simply surrounded by the man’s one time fantasy – the image of a blonde bombshell. He’s surrounded by fantasy, not by necessarily beauty.
22. Parent’s can’t be proud of their kids, they can only be proud of themselves.
23. Children in the first few years of their life- won’t remember the things that you do for them, or the memories you created together – but they will remember how they felt. They will be able to remember that feeling of happiness, or a feeling of sadness about their childhood.
24. We buy our children gadgets and toys, and the best quality of everything – thinking that it will make them happier – but kids have no idea. All they really need to is be active (playing) and to spend quality time with their family and to feel loved and safe.
25. If you are telling yourself “I deserve…” and you don’t have it yet – it is probably because you don’t deserve it yet. You will always get what you deserve, so if you don’t have it, it is either because you don’t deserve it or it isn’t right for you. Yet.
26. Life is always easy. No matter what is happening around you – life is still happening as easily and effortlessly as it always was.
27. Isn’t it interesting how people go through a break up and then say that they are “loving life” and doing things that are leading to them “loving life” now that they are out of their previous relationship – when the only reason that they are “loving life” now is because they can have sex with someone else. Can’t all the other changes you would like to implement in your life to make your life better (such as taking on a new hobby, or going to the gym more, or working on your self esteem, or reading more, taking a class) be done while you are still in the relationship? The only thing that has really changed is that now you can have sex with someone else.
28. Creating a business is just creating busyness. Suppose you have a factory – and you have 3 workers who make the product. Then you have the supervisor, floor manager, promoter, president, vice president, treasurer, sales rep, accountant, the quality controllers the share holders etc. But really you have just 3 people who are creating the product, and yet the money the factory made has to be split among all these people. And what’s up with these quality control officers? Why do you need them? They are sent to check the products the workers make to see if they are up to standard. They get paid more than the workers themselves, but they themselves are not making the product. Why do we need them? If the workers just did their job properly – and make the product the way it is supposed to be made, why would you need someone to check?
29. A checking system that could be implemented in factories is if you asked all the workers to check the other workers product. That way if one worker was very picky and pointed out all the errors in another workers product, that worker would then be very picky back. This would maintain a high standard among the workers, but also make everybody angry
30. The more experience you have in your life, the hazier the concept of “right” and “wrongs” and other absolutes become. The more theories you have about how life should be lived, the less you have really lived and experienced.
31. I want to be practical but objective, I mean -I don’t want to be so practical that I don’t need anything.