I have decided to do the unthinkable and not go onto facebook for a month! I’m worried for my health!
Haha. I’m kidding
I think facebook is a great place to connect with friends, if that’s really what you’re doing. I have nothing against facebook, but it just takes up too much of my time. Time that I could be using to do other things, like spend time with someone I love, study, cook, meditate.
But in all honesty, even though we say we use facebook to “keep in touch with friends”, I would argue that we only spend maybe 10% of our time online actively writing messages, responding to messages and commenting on things. The other 90% is whole heartedly dedicated to facebook creeping.
What a snoozefest!
2 hours in and you’re looking at wedding pictures of people you don’t know.
The entire album.
All 157 pictures.
Or you’re on your ex’s profile.
And you miss them. a lot.
None of this is good!
I mean, I only got facebook last year sometime, but seriously. Life without facebook will be an interesting one.
I already feel like I have so much more time. And in addition to waking up at 7:00am every day, I wasn’t lying when it felt like my life was opening up.
This morning was a wonderful morning to be awake. I managed to drag my ass to bed just a little bit earilier than usual, and so I woke up with a smile on my face. I’m going 5 days strong. I just have to make it through this weekend!
I was thinking about home. And where home is. I was born in India, lived in England, lived in Canada, and I am now living in the Republic of Ireland.
Where do I belong?Where is my home? Which is my country? Who wants to claim me?
When people ask me where I am from, I literally don’t know what to say.
I usually say India because that’s where I was born as baby malavika.
But for a few moments, I didn’t know where home was, and I questioned this belief. And then I realized that home, to me, is not geography. It is not a country, or a city, or a place. It is not restricted by oceans or state lines or borders.
Home is where I am. Every time. Home is where I come alive. Home is where I am. Home is who I am being. Home is the part of my self that I am expressing in the truest and highest form.
I think that when I feel that home is somewhere else, and I am here – I feel homesick. I start missing things that aren’t there. But all this is, is that I am just missing myself. I’m missing the part of myself that feels realest to me. The highest form of myself.
And I hope you realize this.
I hope you see that you are everything you have ever been looking for.
And all those times you feel like you’re missing something, you’re just missing yourself.
And I hope you know that if you ever need to come home
You wouldn’t have far to go.