There are structures of “loving discipline” that must take place between a couple. There will be times in the relationship where each of you will do something “wrong”, and when this happens you will feel the urge to “correct” this behavior, to teach your partner that this is not acceptable.
In this blog I will be sharing and promoting the Vedic ideals of womanhood and “the Vedic relationship” which are established in traditional fundamentals and values.
So, loving discipline…
There is a feminine way to do this and a masculine way to do this.
Wikipedia defines Asceticism as “a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from various wordily pleasures, often with the aim of pursuing religious and spiritual goals.” There are a number of reasons why it is favourable to observe ascetic practices in your day to day life. First of all, dedicating yourself to ascetic practices strengthens your consciousness. It makes you a purer person.
Secondly, it cultivates discipline within yourself. You begin to get a higher taste for happiness because you no longer act out of the motivations of your feelings and ego. You instead get in the habit of acting out of the motivations of goodness.
And finally, the energy that you generate through ascetic practices can be translated into mysticism, healing abilities, and the strength to find happiness. As you choose to no longer indulge in material pleasures of your senses you put that remainder energy into the pleasures of your spiritual and mystical senses. As you withdraw from indulging certain senses in the material/passionate world, you can generate more energy for your more subtle senses – such as your ability to see all things and all people clearly, to make predictions of the future, to heal.
The best way to cultivate intuition is to follow an ascetic practice. It takes time to develop. This is the reason why I would be cautious of psychics, healers and self-proclaimed mystics who live a very indulgent and extravagant lifestyle. Because then, you have to ask…from where are they getting the energy to develop their intuitive gifts? Either their their abilities are illusionary or they are using “dirty energy.” It’s also very difficult to cultivate good character traits in the face of extravagance, wealth and indulgence. It is better to cultivate good character traits and purify your consciousness in a more modest setting, and if you are destined for fame after that, then your consciousness will not allow you to be spoiled by it.
In this blog post I will be talking about examples of ascetic practices for women.
Men and women have very different constructs of their psyche. The problems arise in translation. How a woman should try to understand her man are markedly different to how her man should try to understand her. When a man tries to understand his woman in a masculine way (as he would like to be understood by her), she is often let feeling misunderstood and alone. And vice versa.
I have been studying the power of women in family life and relationships through the ancient Vedic teachings, by one of it’s teachers – Oleg Tosunov. It has grown to become a huge area of interest for me and something I would like to share with you today. The Vedas teach us that women are mental leaders of the family, they are the energy keepers within their relationship, marriage and family. This means they control the energy within the relationship. Men have different responsibilities. I don’t know much about that, since I am a woman and realized I should only focus on bettering myself, rather than making sure other people change too.
But we are different to men. We have different feminine duties, and if we can try to fulfill these feminine duties, we will achieve access to certain psychic powers. When we are able to use these feminine powers, we will be given the greatest gift of all – the ability to change our family life, our marriage, and to find happiness.
I believe that each and every one of these powers are difficult to access, and especially to access completely and fully. That is our karmic challenge as women. It is supposed to be hard.
I am a huge fan of “Things to do before I die” lists, making them, reading them, and hearing about other people’s lists tpp! I think it’s important for all of us to take the time to make one of these lists in our lifetime (ha! maybe we should put that on our list too). Just to get down on paper some of the cool experiences we want to, well, experience, in our life time at some point.
This is really so much fun to do and easy to get carried away with. My friend Jennifer even wanted to LAMINATE her list.
I decided to put together a list for women. I did my research on the internet for some kick-ass experiences we women could use in our lifetime, and also put my little brain and heart to work.
I hope you like it.
- Meet your teenage idol/crush/obsession.
- Get a drastic haircut.
- Develop your public speaking skills.
- Dance in public (while sober).
- Dance in your underwear, singing along to your favourite song, hairbrush in hand.
- Forgive your parents.
- Leave when it is time to leave. Even if you don’t want to, but because you know it will be good for your heart.
- Do something your friends wouldn’t approve of.
- Learn another language.
- Live in a foreign country.
- Attend a conference/workshop about something that truly fascinates you.
- Learn how to cook your partner’s/children’s favourite meal wonderfully.
- Date somebody younger than you.
- Date somebody older than you.
- Travel alone.
- Take yourself out on a date.
- Learn how to walk in heels.
- Learn, understand and enjoy a sport: either watching or playing – or if you’re a total rockstar – both!
- Fall hopelessly head over heels in love.
- Ride on the back of a motorcycle.
- Wear a dress and make it rock!
- Attend at least one yoga class.
- Spend a weekend at a luxurious spa.
- Give a talk in front of many people.
- Learn to breakdance (hehe!)
- Find clothes that truly flatter your body.
- Play an extra in a movie.
- Sing boldly.
- Write a love letter.
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Learn to drive.
- Wear matching underwear.
- Do a striptease.
- Love yourself!
- Accept compliments gracefully.
- Go out regularly without make up on.
- Get professional photographs taken of you by a photographer you adore.
- Learn how to apply make up.
- Have a slumber party with your girlfriends.
- Compliment a total stranger.
- Embrace your role as a mother, daughter, sister, wife.
- Live by yourself.
- Go on a real dinner and movie date with a real gentleman.
- Get a brazillian wax.
- Learn how to flirt. And do it well!
- Read. Smart is sexy!
- Get to the weight you want to be.
- Decorate your own home.
- Learn to cook well.
- Do something you never thought you could do.